If someone is watching or not, their safety is one of those choices that should be a priority. As a distributor, we have thousands of options for partnerships. Corporate responsibility demonstrates a level of care, respect, and commitment that's necessary for business. The PPAI Code of Conduct is a tangible presentation of actions taken to provide our clients with product safety, social and environmental assurances. Promotional Partners adopted this code and signed support as a public way to demonstrate our commitment to responsible business practices.
What's in the Code?
1. Product Safety Compliance With Laws and Standards. We will comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the safety of products we sell. Where feasible and appropriate, we will meet applicable voluntary industry standards for our products and processes.
2. Product Quality Expectations Consistently Met. We will support and expect manufacturing processes that ensure consistently met expectations of agreed-upon product quality and functionality.
3. Social Compliance No Abuse Of Labor. We will not use any form of forced labor, including indentured, prison, bonded, or slave labor. Physical abuse, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment, verbal abuse, or other forms of intimidation shall be prohibited.
Employment Relationship. Employees shall be free to end employment at their discretion.
No Child Labor. We will comply with the minimum ages defined by ILO Conventions on child labor, or applicable laws and regulations if they specify to a higher age requirement.
Freedom Of Association. We respect the rights of employees to associate or organize without fear of reprisal or interference. If employees are represented by an organization recognized under law, we respect the right to bargain collectively.
No Discrimination. We will not discriminate in employment hiring practices on the basis of age, nationality, race, religion, social status, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, disability, or other protected class as determined by local law.
Hours And Wages. We shall not require workers to work more than the regular and overtime hours allowed by the law of the country where the workers are employed. All overtime work shall be consensual. Employers shall compensate all overtime work at a premium rate.
Workplace Conditions. We will provide a safe, healthy, and secure workplace. We will abide by all applicable laws and regulations for safety and health.
4. Environmental Sustainability Minimizing Adverse Impact. We will abide by all applicable environmental laws and regulations. We will manage our environmental footprint to minimize the adverse impact on the environment. We aim to manage our production processes, energy and water usage, and waste systems for maximum efficiency and minimal adverse impact on the environment. 5. Supply Chain Security Product Security Through Delivery. We and our suppliers will implement procedures that ensure products have not been changed or tampered with from shipping point through delivery.
Ethical Behavior. Our suppliers are expected to conduct their business in accordance with the highest ethical standards and will strictly comply with all laws and regulations on bribery, corruption, and prohibited business practices. No money, assets, gifts, fees, bribes or compensation of any kind may be given to our employees or our affiliates’ employees in an attempt to unduly influence such person’s decision making abilities.
Our Company’s Commitment To These Business Principles
Our adoption of this Commitment to Ethical and Responsible Conduct Policy expresses our sincere commitment to the principles expressed. It is our guide to conducting our business decisions and relationships. However, by adoption and application of these business philosophies, we do not waive and expressly reserve all our rights granted us under applicable law. Promotional Partners is committed to this program and proud to adopt and support this program through PPAI.
* Note- PPAI, Promotional Products Association International, is the trusted leader in the promotional products industry delivering essential knowledge, resources, and community to ensure the success of its members, those who manufacture, import and resell promotional products, and the promotional products industry itself.