2020 First Quarter Events will be filled with sales kick offs, trade shows, conferences and conventions.
What are 12 ways to create less waste at meetings?
1. Recyclable Cardboard or Seed Paper name badges to refurbish for plants or new products or make your visors out of seed paper!
2. Bamboo lanyards
4. Purchase products that include logo icons that demonstrate that the product is recycled, reusable or sustainable
5. Cafeteria or coffee stations with mugs that are re-used by employees rather than purchasing paper products or seed paper cups
6. Personal water bottles - keep in mind glass is the original recycled material
8. Printed pocket programs for daily use might be integrated into journals or notebooks to save the date for your next event, offer a coupon code for early bird registrants or include a QR code to download the daily event agenda or a map of convention footprint.
9. Reusable plate, utensils, lunchbox containers from wheat plastic for sandwiches, salads, fruits, dressing and soups - which as a bonus saves you money and puts you in more control of your dietary choices.
10. Offering a themed drinkware item at the beginning of the event for attendees to use throughout the event. Depending on your schedule and the design of the piece, drinkware with a wrap imprint (covers the entire surface of the the container in full color) would offer a place to break out sessions, keynote speakers or a QR code to scan to more information.
11. Omit dates from print materials to use more than for a specific event or year.
Perhaps hold your event in a city that is committed to eco solutions- Here's a top 10 list of Solar Powered Cities.
12. Make product selections that offer more impact with sustainable features such as bamboo.